About the model
This British-style trailer is used to transport roll-off containers with a 72mm rail width (for example, all COMVEC roll-off containers). The special feature of this trailer is, among other things, the way in which a roll-off container is loaded from the carrier vehicle. For this purpose, the drawbar of the trailer is first electrically retracted in the coupled state, then the container can be pushed from the truck to the trailer and locked. This eliminates a complicated turning and maneuvering of the towing vehicle to the back of the trailer. Of course, the roll-off container can also be loaded backwards onto the trailer.
The locking of the roll-off container is modeled just like the original on the side of the main frame in four points, whereby the fixation on the trailer is largely independent of the position of the bin. The lock is driven electrically by geared motors.
The suspension has also been designed with great attention to detail. The suspension takes place via a dummy air suspension (no suspension with real compressed air), which can be adjusted individually in terms of hardness. Depending on the equipment variant, the wheels can be braked and the trailer safely parked. Shock absorber dummies complete the overall picture. In the case of the three-axle version, the first axle can be equipped as an electrically operated lift axle.
For a safe stand without towing vehicle, the trailer can be equipped with two electrical supports on the front and two additional supports on the rear. All functions are controlled via a special trailer electronics. The communication between towing vehicle and trailer takes place via infrared. Possibly. In order to control all functions, a software update of the receiver is necessary (this can void the warranty).
Of course, this model - like all other ready-made models from COMVEC - is hand made exclusively in Germany. The model is made of steel / stainless steel and micro-welded by hand.
Equipment variants / technical data / functions
The actual scope may vary depending on the configuration
- Suspension with two axles (tandem) or three axles (tridem)
- Tridem only: The first axle can be optionally equipped as a lift axle
- Drawbar: electrically telescopic
- Electric support legs: 2x front / 2x front + 2x rear
- Brake: electrically operated parking brake in optics of a disc brake
- Locking: Electrical locking of the roll-off container laterally from the main frame
- Lighting: LED position lights, taillights, license plate illumination
- Electronics: special trailer electronics with infrared interface
- Construction: stainless steel / steel micro-welded
Please note: All pictures show a prototype of the model with optional equipment. Minor changes to the delivered model are possible.