Corner fittings, also known as corner castings, are the eight key points for attaching a container. In accordance with DIN 1161 our models of corner fittings are made for models in the exact scale of 1: 14.5 which require the highest value on fidelity. The exact dimensions can be taken from the drawings in the product photos.
According to the real corner fittings, the model ones are made from casted metal (nickel silver precision casting).
While scaling all distinctive details such as shape, chamfers and fillets, the exact dimensions were taken out of the standard. According to this standard, a container is equipped with four different corner fittings, while the four on the front are the same as the four on the rear side. To simplify the container loading on a container trailer, or to take it from above with a Reach stacker spreader or a crane, corner fittings have at the top and bottom holes on a circumferential chamfer. Through these chamfers, corner fitting centered independently with the pin of a twistlock. Unlike the original, our corner fittings are open at the bottom or top, to be mounted on a carrier sheet. In the front corner of each corner fitting, a hole (about 1 mm in diameter) goes through the top or bottom. Thus, in our containers, the rotational axis of the door hinges are inserted. This hole can be closed of course easily with glue, solder, etc. (as in our containers of course).
CompatibilityThis product is not compatible or conditionally compatible with containers / trailers / accessories in other scales!
- COMVEC FineScale models are 100% compatible with COMVEC FineSclae accessories such as corner fittings, FineScale twistlocks, etc. These models and components are suitable for all models on the exact scale of 1/14.5.
- For models in the Tamiya-scale, only COMVEC Scale accessories should be used. These components, such as corner fittings and twistlocks, are significantly larger than the FineScale variant and fit directly to Tamiya-scale containers. Thanks to the size, these components can also be used for other scales, e.g. 1:10, etc.
- For models in Wedico-scale, COMVEC FineSclae accessories can be used. It should, however, be explicitly pointed out that these components can not be used without modifications to the models!
Product variant: 40204 - Corner fitting (4pcs set) - rawparts
The four corner fittings are still on the sprue. This must be removed before assembly and the separation points have to be grinded.
Product variant: 40205 - Corner fitting (4pcs set) - finished
The four corner fittings have been separated from the sprue and are grinded. Thus, they can be mounted immediately.
- 100% alpaca (nickel silver)
The corner fittings come as unpainted raw parts and can be fixed by gluing or (hard)soldering with silver solder to the container.
Suggested tools needed fort the assembly
- Glue: We suggest Loctite 435 (available here)
- Optional: filler, sandpaper
Scope of delivery
- 1 piece corner fitting top left
- 1 piece corner fitting top right
- 1 piece corner fitting bottom left
- 1 piece corner fitting bottom right
Note: for a container 2 sets of corner fittings are required